Spring/summer 2021 brings hope, a fresh start - and fabulous new fashion, of course! From girly ruffles and playful puff sleeves to edgy chain jewelry and futuristic sunglasses, there’s a trend to help your unique style bloom. Here’s our pick of the bunch.
Key Colors to Kick-Start Your Lewks
Sunny season is the best excuse to color your wardrobe happy. For spring/summer 2021, sorbet pastels are trending, alongside calming, earthy neutrals. Think perky mint-green and tantalizing raspberry-pink tempered by the serenity of gray or stone. The key color combo though is yellow and camel; a quirky but oh-so-wearable mix. Try a marigold-yellow bag with a tonal camel-colored outfit for an influencer-approved look.
Accessories Are Back, People!
WFH and wearing face masks kinda sapped our accessory-loving spirits last year. Who was really in the mood for dangly earrings and jangly bangles? Well rejoice, ‘cos spring/summer 2021 brings the chance to go all-out with accessories!
The runway showed us that everything - from jewelry to sunglasses to hair accessories – should be *statement*. Try one or all of these accessory trends:
- Headscarves: showcase your face and prevent that annoying mask/hair tangle
- Chunky chains and super-sized hoops: daym, jewelry – you got big and bold
- Pearls, pearls, pearls: timeless with a twist, seen on bracelets and headbands
- Bangles: whether stacked, paired, or going solo, bangles are the hottest arm candy
- Futuristic sunglasses: wide frames, colored lenses, and quirky aviators for the win
- Black face masks: simple, functional, match everything, here to stay *unfortch*
The Clothes to Fill Your Closet With
We know: the pandemic turned you into a hibernating, hoodie-wearing (but still hot) Diva. But the spring/summer 2021 trends will inspire you to emerge, blinking behind your fancy new sunglasses, into a whole new world of fashion. Shed your shabby PJs, peel off that slouchy sweater you stole from BAE, and slip into something more stylish! Feeling scared and in need of inspiration? Here are the trends to try:
- Puffy sleeves: fun details that pretty-up your summery tops and dresses
- Drawstrings: create sporty and sexy ruching on dresses, pants, and jumpsuits
- Tiers: multi-ruffled hems that capture the playful vibe of spring and summer
- Florals: a print that never gets old and always feels pretty, worn day or night
- Wallpaper prints: go as wild as you dare with an eye-popping, printed midi dress
- Bermuda shorts: ideal for lockdown legs! Make a relaxed suit with a blazer and heels
- Folksy coats: they feel comforting, look fancy, and make Going Outside less daunting
- A twist on trenches: always elegant, now with added ruffles, pleats, and patterns
Naturally, 1 Hot Diva is the place to shop if you want to be stylish this season. Be sure to keep your pretty eyes peeled for the latest catwalk-inspired clothing and accessory drops! Which spring/summer 2021 fashion trends will you wear?